11 December 2011

50/50


Last Friday my boyfriend and I went to the cinema to watch 50/50. I read a review of the movie on a blog and suggested it to my boyfriend because it seemed like a movie we would both like. We find that it's hard to find movies that we both like, since we have very different tastes in movies so we decided to watch it together.
One that was great too was that I really really like Joseph Gordon Levitt and he really really likes Seth Rogen, and they play the two main characters in 50/50.
My expectations to the movie were quite high, but it managed to more than live up to my expectations.
It was very very sad and serious, but life-affirming and charming in the same time, and it takes a perspective on cancer and living with it that touched me deeply.
I cried more than once, so having my boyfriend and his hand (and arms!) beside me was perfect.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt does such a good job playing Adam who gets the cancer diagnosis, and he and Seth Rogen plays so well together as friends fighting the cancer together.

Stills from 50/50 by Jonathan Levine

No comments:

Post a Comment