19 December 2011

My skin care routine

I thought it would be fun to share with you my skin care routine, as I've finally settled with a few products that really works for me and my skin. I've been far around and tried so many different moisturizers, cleansers and masks. Some have done good for my skin and some have absolutely not. I want to mention that my skin is more complex than it should be and wants what it wants, and wants it every day (just one day without my cleanser and I both see and feel a difference).
I would say that my skin goes under the category "combination", but in the same time as it tends to be oily, just the slightest change in the weather makes it confused and it turns dry on spots under my eyes, on my cheeks and sometimes on my nose too. So yes, it has been really difficult for me to stay friends with this schizophrenic skin.
And even though I'm saying now that those four products are keepers I'm probably going to cheat on them once again and try something else, because I so easily get tempted by ads and reviews in magazines.

But here you go, those are my essentials in skin care right now:


1. Angels on Bare Skin from Lush. This I know, I will not cheat on! It's simply angelic. No exaggeration. It's just perfect for my skin, which really likes to be exfoliated (this does a light exfoliation both morning and evening, but not so much that it strips your skin from oils). You blend it with water in your hand and it turns into a cleansing milk. I should probably a whole blog post about this. It's gorgeous and it makes wonders on my skin.

2. Balancing Rose Toner from Organic Apoteke. I started using this toner a couple of months ago after not having used toner since I was 15, and I was surprised how well it works for me. It really does that extra to mu skin before I apply my moisturizer. And it smells beautiful.

3. Korres Pomegranate Cleansing Mask. This I discovered not long ago and I'm already in love. I use it twice a week to cleanse my skin a little deeper. It smells very good and doesn't sting or feel uncomfortable as I think many masks tend to do on my skin. After rinsing it off and using toner and moisturizer my skin feels so soft and clean.

4. Vanishing Cream from Lush. This has served my skin really good through my first pot of it. It feels good on my skin and haven't caused any breakouts. Also it works together with Angels on Bare Skin beautifully. I'm curious on trying other of the face creams from Lush though, but I'm not sure I should do it, as this actually works really good (see what I said about cheating on my products?).

No comments:

Post a Comment