5 December 2011

My weekend

I've had such a lovely weekend! Well, it's been really busy and all and I've been up to a lot, but all of my arrangements since friday have involved eating so I don't complain at all. I love eating!

On Friday I had a dinner date with my boyfriend and it was so nice. We went to an Italian restaurant, which was really small and cozy with a pianist playing in the middle of the room and crystal chandeliers making a dimmed lighting. I had a delicious potato-leek soup and pasta with tomato cream sauce and salmon. It was so good and at a very reasonable price too. I love eating at restaurants but I don't do it too often, so this night was really something special.
So on Saturday we had a family Christmas dinner at my boyfriend's uncle and aunt's. There was plenty of different Christmas dishes to choose between and there was arranged little "breaks" from the eating with crafts and Wii-playing. This was a lovely day too, and I'm beginning to feel quite comfortable around my boyfriend's family, they have all been so sweet and welcoming to me.
After this day we curled up with a movie and went to bed early to be ready for another Christmas dinner on Sunday, at my grandmother's this time. Again there was plenty of food, and we spent some hours eating and talking and eating a little more, before we left early because I had to go to work.
We spent the night at my boyfriend's and this morning we had the chance to sleep in after a long weekend of family and food and Christmas, and now I'm home again and feeling like I'm getting a cold, so I will take a warm bath and go to bed early tonight and bring tea, an orange and my computer to watch Pan Am in bed.

Have a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment